Student Success supports students from underrepresented groups at the University.
Our ambition is to transform students' lives by empowering and enabling them to be successful in their journey at Herts and beyond.
We work with a range of student groups including care leavers and care experienced students; independent (estranged) students; young adult carers; students in receipt of/eligible for the UH Bursary; and students from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) backgrounds.
- Financial support – including bursaries for some groups
- Advice and support on areas including accommodation, wellbeing and finding employment
- Coaching to help you manage and succeed in your studies
- Priority access to opportunities to develop your skills & Graduate Attributes - such as the Go Herts Award
- Part-time work such as our Ambassador and BAME Advocate roles
The topics chosen were very relevant in the current pandemic situation. It was very informative and gave a good insight on every topic touched upon.
I feel that academic coaching has given me new tools for time management and productivity.
Being given the laptop means I can finish my final year and qualify. I am a single parent working part time, so could not afford a new one. There is no way I would have been able to do my online learning or complete my last assignment on time had it not been for the