Welcome to the University of Hertfordshire and to student life
Our Student Charter is designed to guide you through your time at the University to ensure you make the most of your experience.
All students are encouraged to read the Charter so that they know what they can expect at Uni and what is expected of them.
Both the University and Hertfordshire Students' Union are dedicated to making our students' time here as enjoyable, fulfilling, and safe as possible. We wish you every success in your studies and hope that you have a great student experience here at the University of Hertfordshire.
Your University’s commitment to you
- Provide excellent educational opportunities and do everything we can to make you highly employable while developing a lifelong passion for learning
- Ensure the health, safety, and wellbeing of yourself and that of others within our community
- Provide you with an intellectually stimulating environment to support your academic, professional, and personal development
- Provide a friendly and supportive environment to allow you to succeed
- Work in partnership with students, student representatives and the Students’ Union, to enable you to contribute to the improvement of university life
- Be entrepreneurial, innovative, and creative in our outlook, and open to doing things differently
Your commitment to us
- Participate fully in your studies and university experience, so you become the best that you can be
- Prioritise the health, safety, and wellbeing of yourself and that of others within our community
- Make use of our facilities, resources, and support on offer at the University, asking for help when you need it
- Positively represent yourself, the people you work with and the places in which you live and study
- Engage proactively with your student representatives, supporting them to make your voice heard
- Make the most of opportunities to feedback about your student experience
Your Students’ Union’s commitment to you
- Actively seek your views to represent you and support student-led change on campus, locally and nationally
- Strive to provide, as part of the Herts community, relevant services and opportunities that allow you to reach your potential.
- Provide relevant and student focused activities enabling you to have the best possible experience
- Listen to your feedback and represent your academic interests
- Provide you with opportunities that are fun, safe, diverse and challenging - both on and off campus
- Be responsible and ensure that, as a charity, every penny we earn goes directly back into services that benefit you
- Provide an independent voice for all students
- As a community of staff and students, speak out against and report any form of bullying, harassment, sexual harassment, assault, and discrimination
- Behave professionally, with courtesy and integrity
- Respect each other, working collaboratively and in partnership
- Work together to develop our University through ongoing dialogue and feedback
- Value our collective identity and our individual diversity
- Make a personal contribution to our communities within and beyond the University
- To be aspirational and celebrate our successes