Global Opportunities Fund
You can help Herts students achieve their dream of studying abroad.
Through our Study Abroad programme, research trips as part of a degree, or knowledge exchange with one of our international partners, Herts students can broaden their horizons while undertaking their studies. We champion the benefits of gaining international experiences while at university – whether it’s a summer school in Madrid or a year studying in Mauritius.
Hear how studying abroad bolsters student career prospects
Key benefits to getting a global experience
- Increased employability – UUK International research (2019) found that graduates who were mobile during their degree were less likely to be unemployed and more likely to achieve a first class or upper second class degree
- Creating a network of global friends
- Gaining exposure to different cultures and ways of life
- Building confidence
- Enriching the learning and student experience
While the benefits of travel abroad are clear, many students find it harder to access these opportunities for financial reasons.
About the Global Opportunities Fund
The Global Opportunities Fund has been created to direct financial donations towards students who stand to benefit from experiences abroad but lack the resources to do so.
Through donations to the Global Opportunities Fund, we aim to contribute to the overall objective for 10% of students to have a global experience by 2025. Donations to the fund will be used to help students:
- access short-term global experiences such as summer schools
- go to school organised trips to partner universities
- get help with travel and living costs that would otherwise prevent them from going on trips.
How to donate
Make a difference to a student's life by donating today. Please follow the link below and select 'Global Opportunities Fund’ from the dropdown menu.