The University of Hertfordshire invests in education and support to shape the creators of the future. Helping students develop into commercially-aware, entrepreneurial leaders of the future is at the very heart of what the University of Hertfordshire does.
Small businesses are key to the UK’s economy – in 2019 micro-businesses accounted for 96% of all businesses in the country – therefore the University’s Enterprise programme is vital in securing the prosperity of the UK in the future.
Our Enterprise Programme turns brilliant business ideas into a reality. It offers talented students and graduates financial awards and support that helps to kick-start their businesses and grow their entrepreneurial ambition.
Through the Enterprise Programme, students and alumni showing great potential are provided with advice, support and networking opportunities together with financial rewards. It encourages entrepreneurial spirit and brings enterprising ideas to life.
Supporting the University’s Enterprise Programme will ensure brilliant ideas and ventures become the successful businesses of the future, establishing and securing talented students’ careers and the future of the UK economy.
Your support will help us support initiatives including:
- Our Incubation Centre which provides access to office space, business advice, networking events, and support services for start-ups.
- Our business start-up competition, flare Ignite, which offers financial rewards to help students and alumni launch and develop new innovative businesses.
- The Freelance Start Up Fund, which assists the early-stage development of ideas with commercial potential and helps such ventures make the transition into business start-ups.
- The graduate scheme, which provides up to £3,000 support for recent graduates to set up their own ventures.
- Our self-employed placement scheme, funding bursaries to support our students setting up their own businesses as part of their sandwich degrees.