Freedom of Information and Data Protection
The Freedom of Information Act 2000
The Freedom of Information Act 2000 gives members of the public the right to access information held by the University on how it is managed and its decision-making processes. In this section you will find the following:
- What is the Freedom of Information Act
- How to make a request for information
- How to access information available through the University's Publication Scheme
What Information is available?
Our publication scheme indicates the format in which our information is available.
The General Data Protection Regulations (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) and the Data Protection Act 2018 ("Data Protection Legislation") gives individuals the right to know what information is held about them, and provides a framework to ensure that personal information is handled properly with regards to what data can be collected, how it is processed and to whom it can be disclosed. In this section you can find out:
- What is the Data Protection Legislation
- How to make a request for personal information
- Guidance on how the University collects and manages personal data
We believe strongly in protecting our users' privacy online.