MSc International Business
About the course
MSc International Business is an innovative flagship programme designed to help you build a strong understanding of the way organisations operate globally, and help develop specialist skills that enable you to work effectively across national borders.
The programme gives you the opportunity to explore international business from a number of perspectives, including economics, finance, strategy, marketing, management, human resource, and supply chain. There will also be the opportunity to conduct an independent major research project in your area of interest.
The programme offers 3 award routes (See ‘Course and Module Structure’ for details):
- One-year full-time MSc International Business (September & January entry)
- Two-year MSc International Business (Sandwich) (September entry only)
- Two-year MSc International Business with Advanced Research (September entry only)
Throughout the programme, you will gain a unique combination of skills sought after by employers all over the world. These include communication, numeracy, graphics, team-working, cross-cultural awareness, reflective learning and the ability to critically analyse complex business challenges to reach considered creative solutions.
You will also build a strong network of international contacts – some will become their close friends and a few may even become their future business partners.
Why choose this course?
- Develop the valuable skills and in-depth knowledge you need for a successful international business career.
- Learn from leading academics and industry experts in the University of Hertfordshire’s outstanding learning environment.
- Study alongside postgraduate students from around the world, developing a truly international perspective on today’s corporate challenges.
- Build a global network of contacts, creating friendships, collaborations and potential career opportunities.
- Tailor your Master’s to suit you, with a range of optional modules, start dates and course lengths.
What will I study?
We offer a varied programme of teaching and learning that includes small group discussions, practical workshops, web-based learning, case study analysis and lectures. We also provide sessions by visiting staff, practitioners and consultants to give a varied perspective on the topics covered.
You will be assessed through a variety of coursework including written reports of various lengths, presentations and practical assignments individually or in teams. You will also be required to complete a longer research document, in conjunction with a supervisor, for the research component of your programme.
What job can I get?
This is a life-changing Master’s, dramatically developing your skills, understanding and confidence. You will graduate as a more mature professional, better able to cope with stress and change, more sensitive to cultural differences, more capable of operating in a fast-moving global environment, and more able to see opportunities where others only see threats. Our graduates from MSc International Business programme tend to work in different fields and sectors all over the world.