Work placements set you up for success
The University of Hertfordshire is committed to your future and we believe work placements are career gold. We have far-reaching relationships with businesses, both internationally and closer to home.
Work placements have amazing benefits for students:
- gain valuable experience – research shows that over 70% of employers prefer students with work experience
- explore career possibilities and make valuable contacts.
Employers benefit too:
- fresh, new talent that comes without a long-term commitment
- access to a cost-effective, flexible labour source
- summer internships, 6 or 9-12 months work placements or short periods of work experience available.
We facilitate work placements across a series of subject areas:
- creative arts e.g. art and design, film and media, music
- physics, astronomy and maths
- engineering and technology
- computer science and IT
- business related areas
- humanities, law and joint honours
- life and medical sciences e.g. biosciences, pharmaceutical sciences, geography, sports therapy and sports science.
Please note: students studying education, health & social work and psychology should speak to their schools about their practice placements.
How to find a work placement
Careers and Employment can give you information on work placements and any other aspect of graduate recruitment.
Telephone: +44 (0)1707 284791 (all enquiries)