Work placements set you up for success
The University of Hertfordshire is committed to your future and we believe work placements are career gold. We have far-reaching relationships with businesses, both internationally and closer to home.
Work placements have amazing benefits for students:
- gain valuable experience – research shows that over 70% of employers prefer students with work experience.
- explore career possibilities and make valuable contacts.
Employers benefit too:
- fresh, new talent that comes without a long-term commitment
- access to a cost-effective, flexible labour source
- summer internships, 6 or 9-12 months work placements or short periods of work experience available
We facilitate work placements across a series of subject areas:
- Creative Arts e.g. art and design, film and media, music
- Physics, Astronomy and Maths
- Engineering and Technology
- Computer Science and IT
- Business School related areas
- Humanities, Law and Joint Honours
- Life and Medical Sciences e.g. biosciences, pharmaceutical sciences, geography, sports therapy and sports science
N.B. students from Education, Health & Social Work and Psychology should speak to their Schools about their practice placements.
How to find a work placement
Careers and Employment can give you information on work placements and any other aspect of graduate recruitment.
Telephone: +44 (0)1707 284791 (all enquiries)
Current students can get in touch by emailing email@example.com or asking a question through CareerHub.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (employer enquiries)