Work placements set you up for success
The University of Hertfordshire is committed to your future and we believe work placements are career gold. We have far-reaching relationships with businesses, both internationally and closer to home.
Work placements have amazing benefits for students:
- gain valuable experience – research shows that over 70% of employers prefer students with work experience.
- explore career possibilities and make valuable contacts.
Employers benefit too:
- fresh, new talent that comes without a long-term commitment
- access to a cost-effective, flexible labour source
- summer internships, 6 or 9-12 months work placements or short periods of work experience available
We run work placements across a series of subject areas:
- art and design, astronomy, computer science, engineering, film and media, mathematics, music and physics
- business-related areas and tourism management
- biosciences, pharmaceutical sciences, environment science, life sciences, geography, sports therapy and sports science
How to arrange a work placement
Careers and Employment can give you information on work placements and any other aspect of graduate recruitment.
Telephone: +44 (0)1707 284791 (all enquiries)
Current students can ask us a question through CareerHub.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (employer enquiries)