Due to the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic, examinations may be replaced by an alternative form of assessment during the academic year 2020/2021. Please refer to the Programme Specification on these pages for further details.
Why choose this course?
- Top up an HND to an Honours Degree in just over a year (12 months).
- The degree is awarded by the University of Hertfordshire.
- Day release model (one day per week -10 days per semester, normally 9:00am-4:00pm).
- Degree taught at both Oaklands College (Welwyn Garden City Campus) and the University of Hertfordshire.
- Programme brings together components of mechanical and electrical systems through the study of mechatronic systems.
- The programme promotes the technological problem-solving ability of engineering and the planning abilities of management in order to oversee the operational performance of engineering projects.
- Successful completion of the BSc (Hons) Engineering with Management Top-up course would allow graduates to access postgraduate taught Master’s degrees.
- Prepares students for wider roles in the future that may encompass a managerial or supervisory responsibility as well.
- Students will also be provided with associate membership of the Institute of Engineering and Technology
What's the course about?
This is an innovative and distinctive one year top up degree developed with the University of Hertfordshire and Oaklands College for HND students on both electrical/electronic and mechanical engineering pathways.
What will I study?
Assessment is by coursework, oral presentations, group work, practical reports, critical reviews and end of module exams.
Teaching will typically be delivered through day release (10 days per semester). There is 24/7 access to lecture notes and electronic resources. You will also be expected to carry out 10-15 hours a week of private study.
Please note that some of the images and videos on our course pages may have been taken before social distancing rules in the UK came into force.