Why choose this course?
- Top up an HND to an Honours Degree in just over a year
- Gain associate membership of the Institute of Engineering and Technology
- Also prepares you for managerial and supervisory roles
- This degree is for HND students who have completed either an electrical/electronic or mechanical engineering pathway and want to top up to an Honours degree, preparing you for wider roles in the future including management responsibility,
What's the course about?
This course brings together components of mechanical and electrical systems through the study of mechatronic systems. It will develop your technological problem-solving and planning skills, enabling you to oversee the operational performance of engineering projects.
What will I study?
This course is delivered via day release, involving 10 study days per semester (normally 9.00 - 16.00). You'll also typically need to carry out approximately six hours per week of private study. You will be assessed via coursework, which includes assignments, reports, presentations and a project.
The course consists of four modules:
- Advanced Manufacturing Technology
- Engineering Project Management
- Industrial Project