MSc Aerospace Engineering
About the course
This is an integrated degree programme that brings together the key generic skills of management and research methods with specific modules focusing on aerodynamics and flight mechanics. This approach will help you to develop your critical thinking skills as a future engineering manager, or technical specialist enabling you effectively to analyse technical and or management issues. The programme aims to:
- equip you with the theory and the practice of relevant subjects, technologies and analytical tools to provide solutions for aerospace and related manufacturing problems
- provide a blend of knowledge and application experience through case studies and project work
- focus on the links between analysis and design and the supporting skills of management
- provide education and experience which enhances prospects of professional employment within the industry
Why choose this course?
- The School has over 50 years' experience of teaching aerospace, and has established an excellent international reputation in this field;
- We offer extensive lab facilities for aerospace engineering students, including a flight simulator, the latest software packages and windtunnels;
- This MSc combines analysis and design with management skills to produce highly-employable postgraduates.
What will I study?
The School has a reputation for innovation in teaching and learning, where nearly all MSc modules are delivered through a combination of traditional face-to-face teaching and backup tutorial's using the University's StudyNet web based facility. StudyNet allows students to access electronic teaching and learning resources, and conduct electronic discussion's with staff and other students. A heavy emphasis is placed on theory and practice, and the School has a policy of using industrial standard software wherever possible. The School also operate an open access laboratory, and computer policy, that will help students complete coursework and assignments, at a scheduled pace and on time.
The MSc Aerospace Engineering course is accredited by RAes and IMechE and is accredited as meeting the further learning requirement for Chartered Engineer (CEng) registration for the cohort intakes from 2016 up to and including, 2020.
This programme will help you to develop your critical thinking skills as a future engineering manager or technical specialist as it will enable you to effectively analyse technical and management issues. This blend of technical and managerial content is invaluable in job applications as well as helping to fast-track your career in the industry.