Commuting student parking
The University is committed to sustainability and reducing our environmental and social impact. There are fast and direct links to and from the University of Hertfordshire via the University’s bus company, Uno which runs local buses throughout Hertfordshire and into North London and connects to the local railway stations. The University also offers a park and ride service for all staff and students with a £1 shuttle bus that runs between the car park and both campuses.
Parking at the University is limited, therefore you must have a parking permit to park on campus. Parking permits allow students to park for a discounted rate but are only issued to fully registered students falling into one of the eligibility categories below. If your application is successful then you will be authorised to park on the same campus where your school of study is based.
Blue Badge holders
Students will be asked to upload images of both the front and back of their Blue Badge.
If you meet the below criteria, you may be eligible for a parking permit on campus:
- you’re a part-time student and you don’t live in Hatfield
- you’re a postgraduate research student and you don’t live in Hatfield.
If you have a child of primary school age or below, or other extenuating circumstances (such as a medical condition), you can apply for a parking permit. You will be required to support your application with the following evidence:
- you will need to upload a legal document that names you as the child’s parent or legal guardian (such as a birth or adoption certificate)
- you will need to upload the authorisation from your disability advisor
- you will need to upload a doctor’s/hospital letter explaining your need to park due to a medical condition
- you will need to upload formal documentation demonstrating your responsibility as a carer.
Have more questions?
Email our parking permit team for more information about student permits.
For any other questions about parking, please contact email@example.com.
How to apply
If your registration status shows that you are fully registered for the upcoming year, then you can make your application through the parking permit portal.