Education and teaching
Pursue a rewarding career in education and teaching transforming the lives of thousands of learners within our community, not just children. From teaching young children to prisoners, you will be at the forefront of inspiring minds. You will challenge yourself constantly to innovate and understand your students and their individual needs to ensure they achieve and develop.
Why choose this subject area?
- Education and Teaching ranked top 10% for overall student positivity* in the 2023 National Student Survey (NSS)
- 11th for Education in the 2022 Guardian University Guide 2022
- gain a rich understanding of education in many settings with opportunities to focus in education, learning and teaching in primary education or special educational needs
- consistently high achieving in its Ofsted inspections, our programmes are recognised as a very good quality training provider by local employers and graduate employability is amongst the highest in the country
- good Ofsted rating, 2023. The Report stated ''Leaders are passionate about ensuring that all trainees are well supported in their career journey, from novices to early career teachers.''
- our innovative courses reflect the social, political and technological changes taking place in education
*based on an average of questions 1-25 of the NSS survey 2023.