Improving your campus
Whether you're a student, employee or business partner, this is an amazing time to be part of the University of Hertfordshire. The last ten years have seen ambitious investment and growth – and the next decade promises so much more.
Our 2020 Estates Vision is a pioneering programme of works that will bring vital additions to de Havilland Campus and dramatically transform our College Lane Campus.
In this section you can find out more about our projects, which range from a groundbreaking student residence scheme to a fantastic new science building, and a lot more. You can check out plans, see what's happening on site with photos and video, and stay up to date via our project blogs.
We're very excited about these developments and what they mean for the future of your university – we hope you are too.
What's happening and when?
- View the projected timeline of our 10-year plan
- Read our quick overview of the Improving your campus plan
- Download a map showing current construction locations at the College Lane Campus
Want to know more?
You can find out more detail about our 2020 Estates Vision including information on sustainability in the below PDFs.
- 2020 Estates vision (PDF - 6.19 Mb)
- Sustainability Appraisal – 2020 Estates Vision (PDF - 0.7 Mb)
- Transport Statement – 2020 Estates Vision (PDF - 2.56 Mb)
- Community Involvement – 2020 Estates Vision (PDF - 7.08 Mb)
"The 2020 Estates Vision is ambitious in scope, delivering a greater number of significant buildings than ever before, making important additions to the de Havilland Campus, and transforming College Lane Campus on a scale not seen for 50 years. I was struck by the vision that underpinned the design and layout of the original 1952 Technical College, now the Main Building on our College Lane Campus. The 2020 Estates Vision has been conceived in the same spirit and is of equal importance to development of this University."
Professor Quintin McKellar - Vice-Chancellor