At Herts we use an online text matching service from Turnitin. This service analyses submitted work to identify matches against sources within their database. These sources include submissions from other universities, journal articles and the internet.
Using Turnitin allows us to support students in developing their academic writing skills by helping them to identify and correct potential incidents of plagiarism. It also promotes the concept of self-regulation and provides reports that can assist academic staff in identifying possible plagiarism offences.
- Setting up plagiarism review for summative assignments
- Setting up Turnitin for Students
- How to access your Turnitin Similarity Report (students)
- Requests for UH papers in Turnitin
- Staff support queries may be sent to TELsupport@herts.ac.uk.
- Students should contact Helpdesk@herts.ac.uk