Living on campus

In addition to the UH Security Team on campus, we have a network of support teams who are on-hand to help with welfare, pastoral care and discipline and to provide advice and support.

Residence Life Officers

Our team of Residence Life Officers are responsible for the welfare, pastoral care and discipline of all students living on campus. They work daily in halls offering support and advice for our residential students. They love meeting their students and will always make time to talk through any concerns that you may have about residential life. These members of staff have extensive training and will be able to provide expert help on a wide range of issues, including mental health concerns.

Resident Assistants

As well as the Residence Life Officers, there's a team of Resident Assistants (also known as RAs) on each campus that live in residences to provide a familiar face and peer support for fellow students as well as playing a key role in the community. The RAs work on a rota system and provide support outside of office hours 365 days of the year.

Our RAs have been trained to a high standard and can provide help and support with most problems that may arise. They are visible and approachable and if you are unsure about anything you can talk to an RA in confidence.

Key contacts

During office hours

The Residence Life and Safeguarding team are based at the accommodation helpdesk on de Havilland, (based next to the Premier Campus shop) or in B440 in the Hutton Hub (above the Students Union) on College Lane.

You can email the team on

Out of hours

To contact an RA please call Security on 01707 281010 and request to speak with an RA. In the case of a serious incident such as a fire, please dial the emergency number 01707 285555 and evacuate the building.