Living off campus

The University has a dedicated Community Liaison and Support Officer who is responsible for the security, welfare, pastoral care and discipline of students living in private off-campus accommodation, including those who commute into Hatfield.

Their main responsibility is supporting students in private off-campus accommodation. They are also able to help with many issues including:

  • Housing and tenancy problems
  • Neighbourhood disputes
  • Landlord and letting agent concerts
  • Housemate disagreements

The University also works closely with the Welwyn Hatfield Community Safety Partnership to promote safe living environments for our students both on and off campus. We work in partnership with local authorities including the Fire Service, Environmental Health, Waste Management and the Partnership Accreditation for Landlords (PAL) scheme to help protect our students’ safety, security and public health in their off-campus living accommodation.

Key contacts

Phone: +44 (0) 1707 285165