Why choose this course?
- Study where and when you want, fitting in with other commitments such as work or family
- Our online degrees are based on their on-campus equivalents with the same academic quality standards
- Top up your HND or Foundation Degree to a full BSc
Flexibility is one of the key aspects to this course, with online content you can study when and where you want, making it easy to fit around a busy lifestyle. Our first online Computer Science course launched in 2004 and we have a large team of experienced academics and educational technologists to make sure you have a great learning experience.
You'll have the opportunity to take part in a number of co-curricular activities such as:
- AWS Academy Cloud Foundations - you'll receive a course completion certificate, but also have the opportunity to go for the AWS Cloud Practitioner certification which is an industry recognise accreditation
Careers and employability
Studying this course can lead to the following careers:
- Software Developer
- Business Analyst
- Database Administrator
- Network Designer
- Technical Consultant
- Web Developer
- Project Manager
- Software Engineer
What's the course about?
This course allows you to top up a good HND or Foundation Degree in computer studies or software engineering (or an equivalent qualificaiton) to a full bachelors degree.
It is based on the BSc Computer Science (top up) course which runs on campus, with the same academic standards and processes to the award will be recognised worldwide. As this course is run online you do not need to attend timetabled sessions, the course is designed to fit around your schedule so you have flexibility in when and where you study.
You will learn about accessibility and usability issues and study in a team to complete a data science project. Modules also cover artifical intelligence, software development, databases, alhorithms and data structures, operating systems and networks.ou will study cybersecurity and contemporary issues in the social, professional, ethical and legal aspects of computing. You'll also start specialising in Applied Data Science, learning about data mining and visualisation, principles of data science, machine learning and neural networks. Finally you will complete an individual project, this is your opportunity to apply what you've learnt on a topic of interest to you. You'll be guided by an academic supervisor throughout the project.
What will I study?
This course is taught 100% online giving you flexibility to study when and where you want.
You will be provided with a suite of learning materials supporting you to produce your best work. These include:
- Access to a comprehensive digital library which includes research papers and e-books
- A Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) with features to support your learning such as discussions forums, quizzes and practice assignments. It's also a central place where you can find the learning materials for your modules and interact with tutors and other students on the course
Most modules have a minimum of 4 hours of online sessions, and presentations are usually recorded.
You will have the suppport of your Tutors via online dicussions or optional live sessions. You will also be part of our online learning community and our students tend to use this to support each other.