Masters by Research Operations Management
About the course
A Masters by Research in Operations Management offers an internationally recognised degree signifying high levels of achievement in research. It develops extensive subject expertise and independent research skills which are honed over an extended period, depending on the level of the award.
As part of your research degree, you will:
- undertake a substantial, original research project for the duration of the degree, under the supervision and guidance of two or more academic members of staff.
- be provided with guidance from your supervisory team, both in the selection of a research topic and in the conduct of the research.
- attend postgraduate seminar series to develop subject specific knowledge and research skills relevant to your field of research.
- present your work at major conferences and in refereed research publications.
The research degree is assessed solely on the final, written thesis which must be "defended" in a viva.
A Masters by Research is a not a taught course. You will initiate your own learning and development through seeking out opportunities provided by the University.
The programme can be undertaken on a full or part time basis and we will endeavour to provide a fully supportive research and learning environment with flexible supervision.
Your supervisors will have both subject and Masters by Research supervision experience. They will assist and support you throughout your time with us, enhancing your experience and helping you to make the most of your research learning.
How to Apply
To apply for a Masters by Research at the University of Hertfordshire you should have a specific developed area of focus. It is recommended that you have an established track record / experience in your desired area to support your application.
The quality of your research proposal, your suitability for pursuing higher research and our capacity to supervise the chosen topic are the principle criteria for admission. You will need to submit a written research proposal and personal statement to the Doctoral College but informal discussion before formal application is strongly encouraged.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
What’s next for my career?
You want to gain:
- An internationally recognised research qualification
- Advanced subject expertise at postgraduate level
- Research skills through practice and extensive research experience
Employers are looking for high calibre graduates with advanced skills who can demonstrate independence through research.
|Start Date||End Date||Link|
|01/10/2023||31/07/2024||Apply online (Full Time)|
|01/10/2023||31/07/2024||Apply online (Part Time)|
|Start Date||End Date||Link|
|01/09/2024||31/07/2025||Apply online (Full Time)|
|01/10/2024||31/07/2025||Apply online (Full Time)|
|01/09/2024||31/07/2025||Apply online (Part Time)|
|01/10/2024||31/07/2025||Apply online (Part Time)|