Our School of Life and Medical Sciences has one of the UK's largest university psychology departments.
Employing upwards of 80 staff, many of whom are highly qualified psychologists, and offering advanced technological facilities, students who study with us gain an informed knowledge of their chosen profession, and enter their careers with the full range of skills, knowledge and expertise required for this field.
Psychology is the study of the human mind, all its complexities, and how they affect an individual's behaviour, characteristics and attitude.
- Business Psychology (MSc)
- Occupational Psychology (MSc)
- Psychology Conversion Course (MSc)
- Research in Clinical Psychology (MSc)
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (DClinPsy)
Postgraduate study can lead to professional careers in a range of areas including:
- Forensic Psychology
- Clinical Psychology
- Health Psychology
- Educational Psychology
If you choose not to pursue a career as a professional psychologist then the knowledge and skills you acquire throughout your studies will be applicable in a number of other employment settings.
Our graduates are widely recognised as being thoroughly prepared for employment or for entry into postgraduate research and professional training courses. Success is reflected by relatively high levels of employment for our graduates.
- Read Trainee Clinical Psychologist Devina Patel's graduate story
- Read Forensic Psychologist Helen Hood's graduate story
- Read Crime Analyst Ian Norris' graduate story
- Read Crime Analyst Vicki Harley's graduate story
- Read Cambridge PhD student Jane Garrison's graduate story
- Read NHS High Intensity Therapist Trainee Faheem Parkar's graduate story
- Read Regional Intelligence Analyst Natalie Conway's graduate story