We’ve been awarded Gold in the Teaching Excellence and Student Outcomes Framework, meaning our University is of the highest quality found in the UK. We deliver consistently outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for our students.
So what does that actually mean for you? It means we teach you to become ready for the working world. You don’t have to take us at our word, because over 96.5% of Herts students are getting jobs within the first six months of graduating. Even better, of those graduates in work, 78% of them are in professional or managerial roles.
Our learning environment supports our consistent drive to improve the learning experience at Herts. The Complete University Guide has rated us in the Top 10 for facilities spend, showcasing the consistent and extensive investment we make each year in your learning experience.
League table success
Some of the recent league table successes include:
- Ranked 4th nationally for Economics (The Guardian)
- Ranked 7th nationally for Tourism, Hospitality and Event Management (The Guardian)
- Ranked 10th nationally for Engineering: Electronic and Electrical (The Guardian)
- Ranked 16th nationally for Social Work (Complete University Guide)
- Ranked 11th nationally for Optometry, Ophthalmology & Orthoptics (Complete University Guide)
- Ranked 13th nationally for Food Science (Complete University Guide)
- Ranked 16th nationally for Film Production & Photography (The Guardian)
- Ranked 15th nationally for Radiography (The Times)
- Ranked 18th nationally for History (The Guardian)
- Ranked 19th nationally for Medical Technology (Complete University Guide)
- Ranked 20th nationally for Journalism, Publishing and PR (The Guardian)
Accredited by professional bodies
Nearly all of our programmes are recognised by professional bodies. Our academic schools work with many government agencies, professional bodies, trade groups and network associations within Hertfordshire and nationally.
Below are a selection of professional bodies that recognise programmes at the University of Hertfordshire. If you would like more information about specific accreditations, you can find these on the individual course pages.