Careers support for researchers
Access a range of careers information, guidance and one to one careers advice.
There is one Careers and Employment Office located on each campus.
Services provided include:
- Support for CVs
- Review of job applications
- Careers events
- Networking opportunities with employers and alumni
- Mock interviews
- Electronic and printed materials
Resources aimed at research students have been integrated into the main sections of the Jobs & Careers area of StudyNet; key ones are:
- A beginners guide to research
- Valuing research staff
- Career planning for PhD researchers
- Targeting the postgraduate and researcher market
- AGCAS guide to University researchers and the job market
- What do researchers do?
- What do researchers do (career profiles)
- Recruiting researchers: survey of employer practice 2009