News and press releases - CAR
Tweets by @Sky_And_Space
All the latest news stories from the Centre for Astrophysics Research
CAR/PAM Twitter feed
Press releases and media information
- The INTEGRAL/SPI 26Al Signal from the Scorpius-Centaurus region (09/18 Krause)
- Supermassive stars may have been formed from old star clusters (06/18 Krause)
- Planet found in habitable zone around nearest star (08/16 Jones, Tuomi)
- Blast from black hole in a galaxy far, far away (02/16 Hardcastle)
- Astronomers gaze upon the oldest stars in the galaxy (11/15 Kobayashi)
- Astronomers discover how lowly dwarf galaxy becomes star-forming powerhouse (09/15 Brinks)
- Astronomers Map Dark Matter Throughout the Entire Universe (10/13, Geach)
- Hubble Sees a Cosmic Caterpillar (08/13, Wright)
- Three Planets in Habitable Zone of Nearby Star (06/13, Tuomi)
- Breaking the low-metallicity barrier – molecules in dwarf galaxies (03/13, Brinks)
- Herschel's new view on giant planet formation (03/12, Riaz)
- NASA's Astronomy Picture of the Day (APOD) for 2012, January 21. (01/12 Valkenborgh, Jones).
- Leading experts explain how far the field of exoplanet detection has advanced since the first confirmed detection in the early '90s (06/11 Jones).
- RoPACS Astrium collaboration helps ECHO mission to ESA selection (02/11 Frith, Pinfield).