We are pleased to announce that from Monday 8 March the Key, College Lane, and the Multi Faith Space, de Havilland, will be open from 9:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday for individual prayer, reflection or meditation only.
The buildings are COVID-19 secure. All users should follow the signage and follow the social distancing guidelines in place:
- The maximum capacity of the Olive Hall (suitable for Muslim prayer) is 26 spaces. Users must provide their own mats and shoes bags please. Washroom facilities cannot be provided at this time.
- The maximum capacity of the Rotunda is 13 spaces.
- The ‘Living Room’ is currently closed.
We would ask users to be considerate and give priority to commuting students and staff. If you live on campus or have an office, please use that in preference.
These arrangements will be reviewed regularly in line with government guidance and local practice on the use of faith spaces.
We are sorry we cannot offer more facilities at this time. If anyone has queries please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
Report and support
Let us know if you witness an incident or are worried about someone else. The information you provide will remain confidential.Report
How can we help you?
We offer some quiet spaces and places to pray, meditate or reflect. The Chaplaincy team is here to help encourage spiritual growth, exchange and well-being at the University. We also have a number of Associate Chaplains from different faiths.
- Quiet spaces and places to pray, meditate or relax
- Weekly spiritual events
- Social events and activities
- Spaces to meet new people from different cultures and religions
- Information on spiritual needs and local places of worship
- An inclusive welcome
- Spiritual and general well-being support, or just someone to talk to
The Key is a peaceful, welcoming haven for students and staff based on our College Lane campus.
We have three dedicated areas within the Key:
- The Robert Runcie Rotunda – a large, circular room used for reflection, prayer and worship. There are dedicated ‘Silent Times’.
- The Living Room and outdoor deck – a space to relax and chat, use the kitchen and find spiritual books.
- The Olive Hall - a daily Muslim prayer space and can host large events (such as Jum'ah prayer). Next to the Olive Hall there are dedicated washing facilities.
You can book rooms for events and meetings which are in keeping with the aims and purpose of the centre. Student faith societies need to make booking requests through the Societies Office of the Hertfordshire Students' Union. Other groups should contact the Chaplain directly (Please see Covid 19 Update above).
The Multi-Faith Space is a shared facility on our de Havilland campus. There is a screened area for discreet prayer or meditation, and social space (Please see Covid 19 Update above).
A full list of events is available on StudyNet on a daily basis.
Phone: +44 (0)7702 442696 (office hours)
The Key is currently open 5 days a week.
|Days||The Key||Multi Faith Space|
|Monday - Friday||09:00 - 18:00||Closed|
|Saturday and Sunday||Closed||Closed|
The Key is located on the College Lane campus.
The Multi Faith Space is on de Havilland campus opposite the Students’ Union shop.