Life in on campus student accommodation

Make new friends

Going to university is a brilliant chance to spread your wings and live independently for the first time. Living on campus is also a great way of meeting other students and making new, lifelong, friends.

We have a fantastic range of halls on campus so you're always close to the social and learning facilities you need.

Most of our study-bedrooms are single rooms. However, there are some twin rooms on the College Lane campus and some students do share accommodation on a permanent basis. If you need family accommodation, we can give you advice and information on renting in the private sector.

Living on campus also gives you easy access to the Students' Union and the Hertfordshire Sports Village.

Lovely, well equipped facilities

All of our student accommodation is either brand new or newly refurbished.

That means you only need to bring bedding, towels, cooking utensils, crockery, cutlery and tea towels. If you bring a TV, you'll need to buy a TV licence.

Fridges and microwaves are provided in the communal kitchen areas of our halls of residence.

Of course, keeping your bedroom and the communal areas of your accommodation clean are down to you.

There is a no smoking policy throughout the University buildings and the halls of residence.

We have produced student guides to living on both College Lane and de Havilland campuses so you can see what living here would be like for yourself.

Feel safe and supported

We are here to make sure you have the best experience possible while living in halls of residence.

If you have any queries, just email or speak to one of your Student Support Officer or Resident Assistants. They are on hand to help 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including Christmas and Bank Holidays.

Student Support Officers are responsible for student support including your welfare and all matters of discipline. We love to meet as many students as possible throughout the year and really want to know how you're getting on.

Resident Assistants are students just like you. They help you access support out of hours and have been given additional training and responsibility to ensure you always feel supported.

Unisecure, the University's security team help keep our campuses safe.

Need additional assistance?

If you have a disability or a specific accommodational need which you would like us to take into consideration, because of a medical condition or exceptional circumstances, we can help.

We offer a number of adapted rooms for disabled students at both campuses and do what we can to meet the needs of our residents.

If you are a disabled student who requires live-in personal assistance, we can also provide residential accommodation for your assistant(s).

Care leavers are prioritised for accommodation in their first year of study.