Learning and teaching
Whatever your background, wherever you are from, we believe that higher education can be a transformational experience.
We develop graduates who are capable, creative and enterprising. Through engaging with employers and professional bodies who contribute to the development of our curriculum and our status as one of only 20 University Enterprise Zones, we transform the lives of our students.
We offer the flexibility, opportunity and community students need to succeed. We achieve this by:
- combining traditional teaching methods with digital resources including our online student network, StudyNet
- teaching courses that are designed with the input of business and professional bodies
- giving students the chance to learn about employability through listening to the experience of our alumni
- organising networking events where staff, students and graduates can meet
- offering a vibrant multicultural campus by increasing the the proportion of international students on campus
- giving students the option of studying at one of our partner universities overseas
- supporting students in their learning and living
- offering students valuable work experience in research, business or industry before their final academic year.