Connecting to Nature through the Great Outdoors
A panel discussion for Sustainable St Albans Week, looking at the role of outdoor activities, from walking and food growing to outdoor learning, and how they can contribute to improved health and happiness.
Our panel of speakers will draw on lecturers from the University of Hertfordshire specialising in outdoor recreation, planning, access to the countryside and urban food systems. Each will speak for about 10 minutes, allowing time for what we hope will be a lively discussion afterwards.
Topics and speakers
- Connecting to nature through outdoor learning - Dr Frances Harris, University of Hertfordshire
- Local food growing in urban areas - Dr Susan Parham, University of Hertfordshire
- Access to green spaces - Debbie Pearlman Hougie, University of Hertfordshire
- Improving fitness and public health - Public Health Department, Hertfordshire County Council
Sustainable St Albans
This event is part of the 2018 SuStAinable StAlbans Week - Events and activities to promote environmental and sustainability issues.
More information and booking
This is a free of charge public event.
N001, de Havilland Campus, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL10 9EU
- 25 April 2018
- End date:
- N001, de Havilland Campus
- Events Team