How we advance equality of opportunity
The University advances equality through:
- ensuring our policies, services and practices reflect our commitment to equality
- mainstreaming equality into the business planning process so that Strategic Business Units (SBUs) achieve equality goals that are relevant to them, and are aligned to our strategic equality objectives
- providing development opportunities for governors, staff and students to understand their rights and responsibilities
- dealing with any complaints fairly and promptly.
National and local partners
We work closely with national and local partners to promote and advance equality, including:
- The Equality Challenge Unit (ECU) - promoting equality and diversity in higher education
- Hertfordshire Colleges Carer Champions Group - learning providers in Hertfordshire ensuring learning opportunities support the needs and ambitions of carers
- Hertfordshire LGBT Partnership - public authorities working together to understand and meet the needs of LGBT people in Hertfordshire
- Herts Diversity Network - Practitioners' network promoting best in equality and diversity in Herts public services
- Higher Education Equal Opportunities Network (HEEON) - Practitioners' network promoting best in equality and diversity in higher education
We seek to involve students, staff, community groups and other stakeholders - and welcome your comments and suggestions. Email the Equality Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet @uhequality to make any comments or to be involved in promoting equality.