We offer private visits to the Observatory for schools and community groups of between 15 and 40 people, between October and March.
If there is a particular project or aspect of astronomy the class has been working on, we can theme your visit to accommodate this.
Girlguiding and Scouts
The University of Hertfordshire Observatory at Bayfordbury is happy to invite intrepid young astronomers to come along with their Brown Owl or Scout Leader to demonstrate their skills and knowledge to earn their respective badges in the field.
What is included?
These evenings are tailored to the abilities and experience of the visiting group where possible, and can be themed to the reason for their visit with sufficient notice (at least 1 month), whether it is for educational purposes, or just for fun.
A group visit will include:
- a talk from one of our astronomy students
- a tour of the sky in our Planetarium
- a peek through the telescopes at Bayfordbury (weather permitting)
Visits are typically around 2 hours in length, with available arrival times of 5pm and 7pm. A member of staff at the Observatory will contact you a week before your visit to confirm all the details.
- Entry to the Observatory is £9 per person
- You can use our calendar to find an available evening, and make a request for a private visit.
- Once availability is confirmed you will be sent a link to our secure payment page to complete your booking
- You will then receive a confirmation email and a reference number.