PhD in Education
The School of Education offers the opportunity for PhD and MPhil study, within areas of staff expertise.
Education research expertise
While many practitioners choose to develop their doctoral study through an EdD, some prefer the more individualised route of a PhD, which can be studied as a part-time or as a full-time student.
Areas of staff expertise for PhD supervision include:
- body movement therapy
- coaching, mentoring and teacher development
- conceptions of learning and teaching
- early years
- leadership and policy
- mental health and well-being
- pedagogic research in higher education
- reflective practice
- teacher professional autonomy
- the use of narrative and image in teaching and learning
Apply for a PhD in Education
Find out more about how to apply for a PhD in Education at the University of Hertfordshire.