Sport, Health and Exercise
Courses at the University of Hertfordshire have a long and successful reputation representing some of the newest and fastest growing areas in sport. You will learn through practical work and develop the skills you need when you graduate.
- Our excellent National Student Survey results for student satisfaction for our undergraduate sport courses
- Accreditations and endorsements from professional bodies such as the Society of Sports Therapists
- A very well established optional sandwich year where students get the chance to experience industry practice with working professionals giving you networking opportunities on the placement year option. Alternatively you can choose to study at a partner institution as part of the Erasmus Scheme, popular options include America, Australia and Spain
- Sport and Exercise Science (BSc Hons) UCAS code: C600
- Sports Studies (BSc/BSc Hons) UCAS code: C602
- Sports Therapy (BSc/BSc Hons) UCAS code: CB63
We also have a range of short courses for professionals who are interested in refreshing their knowledge and skills or just want to stay on top of new developments in sport.
More information about our sport short courses.
First class facilities
You will benefit from the state-of-the-art facilities that include a sports injury clinic, human physiology laboratory, 3D motion analysis laboratory, performance testing centre and the £15m Hertfordshire Sports Village.
The work experience you gain while you study one of our sports, health and exercise courses allows you to develop personal contacts with sport organisations and professionals.
Our graduates progress to a wide range of careers including:
- sports coaching
- fitness instructor
- lifestyle consulting
- nutrition consulting
- sports media