Our vision and values
Our vision is to be internationally renowned as the UK's leading business-facing university.
The following core values will inform and sustain all of our activities. We aspire to be:
Our key strategic objectives
We will be internationally renowned as the UK's leading business-facing university by:
- providing expert teaching informed by research, business and the professions.
- offering workplace engagement and overseas learning opportunities.
- creating and developing innovative ideas, products and processes.
- fostering and strengthening research with global partners.
- developing international partnerships.
- strengthening the global perspective in the curriculum.
- developing students with the knowledge, skills and attributes to succeed in business and the professions.
- enhancing relationships with business and industry.
- demonstrating and promoting our positive social, cultural and economic impact.
- attracting and developing outstanding people.
- strengthening the diversity of our community.
- consolidating financial sustainability.
The University of Hertfordshire is one of the region's largest employers with over 2,700 staff and a turnover of more than £238 million.
With a student community of over 25,300 including more than 2,800 international students from 100 different countries, the University has a global network of over 210,000 alumni.