PhD Studentship opportunity at Hertfordshire Business School
About the Award
Applications are invited for a fully-funded PhD studentship in the Hertfordshire Business School at the University of Hertfordshire. The studentship is offered on a full-time basis for three years (subject to satisfactory progress). It provides a tax free bursary (currently £15,285 per annum for the academic year 2020-21), and includes a full tuition fee waiver for three years. Additional funding to support the research may also be available.
Successful candidates will be supported by a team of supervisors with experience and expertise on the selected topic of research. There may be opportunities to undertake teaching related activities in a relevant area.
About the Project
Applications are welcome on any research topic and specialism. We also welcome applications that focus on the following areas:
- Tourism and events, especially projects with a focus on inclusive tourism
- Acceptance and use of innovation (e.g. artificial intelligence and organisations; SMEs)
- Development of artificial intelligence based technologies for healthcare decision-making
- Crises and household income dynamics.
The successful project will contribute to one of the four research groups in the Business School:
- Enterprise and Value
- Global Work and Employment
- Managing Complex Change
- Organisations, Markets and Policy.
Applicants may find it helpful to look at the nature of current research in the School as represented here
Applicants should have at least an upper second-class honours degree in a relevant discipline. A master degree in a relevant field will be advantageous.
The studentship is open to UK/EU and international applicants.
How to apply
Applicants are required to provide the following documents:
- A completed application form, available for download here
- A 2000 words research proposal
- Two academic references
- Copies of qualification certificates and transcripts
- Certification of English language competence (minimum IELTS 6.5 or equivalent) for candidates for whom English is not their first language
- A copy of passport photo page.
Please send completed applications to the Doctoral College by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please use the following format in the email subject line: “Business School_studentship application_YOUR NAME”.
For enquiries regarding research degrees at the University of Hertfordshire, please email Ms Lynette Spelman.
Ms Spelman can also answer general queries on the application process.
For enquiries concerning this studentship and the Business School please email the Doctoral Research Tutor, Dr Francesca Gagliardi
Closing date for applications: 13 November 2020.
Interview dates: week beginning 23 November 2020.
Studentship start date: January 2021.