Applied coaching and leadership
Information on people, projects and publications from our research database
The Sports Studies degree programme is multi-thematic, reflecting the richly diverse research interests and projects within the Sports Studies Research Group.
Staff and students working in this area have a shared commitment to undertake research which is both soundly underpinned theoretically, and is grounded in the reality of practical implications and real-world applications.
The main strands of research involve
- Sports coaching
- Sports development
- Sports leadership and management
- Sociology of sport
Recent and current projects
- Learning from Legendary Coaches
- An exploration of fluctuations in the perceptions of expertise of expert sports coaches
- Sport pedagogy
- High performance coaching
- Women’s sport leadership
- Outdoor and adventurous activities in higher education
- Body Compassion intervention to improve body image and the motivation to engage in physical activity in adolescents and young adults
Find out more
Contact Dr David Turner for more information on Applied Coaching and leadership.