Applied coaching and leadership
The Sports Studies degree programme is multi-thematic, reflecting the richly diverse research interests and projects within the Sports Studies Research Group.
Staff and students working in this area have a shared commitment to undertake research which is both soundly underpinned theoretically, and is grounded in the reality of practical implications and real-world applications.
The main strands of research involve
- Sports coaching
- Sports development
- Sports leadership and management
- Sociology of sport
Recent and current projects
- Learning from legendary coaches
- An exploration of fluctuations in the perceptions of expertise of expert sports coaches
- Sport pedagogy
- High performance coaching
- Women’s sport leadership
- Outdoor and adventurous activities in higher education
- Body compassion intervention to improve body image and the motivation to engage in physical activity in adolescents and young adults
- Herts Sports Partnership
- The Anita White Foundation at the University of Chichester
- Norwegian School of Sport Sciences
Contact Rebecca Sawiuk for more information.