Full Member (MCIEA)
Full Membership is a voting grade membership open to more advanced assessors who are able to demonstrate at least three years’ educational assessment experience with at least one year's experience at Team Leader level or Module Leader or above
- or who have some responsibility for the assessment strategy within an institution or a programme of study or a module
- or who have qualified as a CEA and are exercising that role in an educational establishment
- and who can fulfil the eligibility criteria described below. They will also have a relevant qualification at QCF/NQF level 6 or above or equivalent.
It is also open to anyone with RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning where experience is used in recognition of a lack of the academic qualification listed above) who can demonstrate that they can meet the minimum of three years' assessment experience with at least one year's experience at Team Leader level covering all the eligibility criteria described below through knowledge, understanding or skills they already possess.
A Full Member will:
- Have the appropriate qualification (e.g. Degree, PGCE Certificate, Vocational qualification at level 6) or appropriate RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning where experience is used in recognition of a lack of the academic qualification listed above)
- Have a minimum of three years' assessment experience (including at least one year’s experience at Team leader level or managing a team of assessors) or have some responsibility for the assessment strategy within an institution or a programme of study or a module or have qualified as a CEA.
and undertake the majority of the following activities:
Preparing for assessment
- Interpret the assessment requirements of the specification for the organisation
- Set assessment tasks, adapt the assessment criteria and identify or develop exemplars
- Advise and train assessors on setting assessment tasks or lead and support the setting of assessment tasks.
- Ensure that assessment team members understand the task and the assessment criteria
- Scrutinise the standards of assessment within the team and provide feedback
- Select and moderate appropriate samples of work
- Assist as required with standardisation or manage the moderation process.
Feeding back after assessment
- Assist with assessment procedure reviews as required
- Assist in evaluating performance of the assessment as required
- Provide/check reports for teams or organisations
- Provide/check reports and give feedback to assessors and candidates as appropriate.
- Plan and undertake assessment activities, required procedures and deadlines
- Identify and plan for improvement in own performance
- Use appropriate evidence to meet development goals and enhance performance.
Managing and working with others
- Develop, manage and support an effective assessment team
- Encourage and help assessors to improve their performance
- Communicate effectively to set and fulfil agreed commitments.
How to apply
Your Full Member application must include:
- The completed application form
- A CV including a description of your current or latest job and CPD records and plans
- Certified copies of qualifications or evidence of RPL*
- Evidence of a minimum of three years’ experience in assessment with evidence of a minimum of one year in an assessment leadership role
- or evidence of having some responsibility for the assessment strategy within an institution or a programme of study or a module
- or evidence of having qualified as a CEA and exercising that role in an educational establishment
- Two professional references supporting your application
- A narrative which evidences involvement in the activities described in the Eligibility section
- Appropriate fee.
*Certified copies must be “true copies of the original” which are signed and dated by a senior member of your employment company or a professional person