Full Member (MCIEA)
Full Membership is a voting grade of membership open to more advanced assessors who;
- are able to demonstrate at least three years' educational assessment experience with at least one year's experience at Team Leader level or Module Leader or above
- or have some responsibility for the assessment strategy within an institution or a programme of study or a module
- or have qualified as a CEA and are exercising that role in an educational establishment
- and can fulfil the eligibility criteria described below
- and have relevant qualifications or training in educational assessment
A Full Member will:
- have relevant qualifications or be able to provide evidence of completing training or continuing professional development in educational assessment (examples of relevant qualifications include BA/BSc/BEd/CertEd/MA/MSc/Postgraduate Certificate in Education/Postgraduate Certificate in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education/PhD or Assessor Qualifications
- Have a minimum of three years' assessment experience (including at least one year’s experience at Team leader level or managing a team of assessors) or have some responsibility for the assessment strategy within an institution or a programme of study or a module
- or have qualified as a Chartered Educational Assessor
and undertake the majority of the following activities:
Preparing for assessment
- Interpret the assessment requirements of the specification for the organisation
- Set assessment tasks, adapt the assessment criteria and identify or develop exemplars
- Advise and train assessors on setting assessment tasks or lead and support the setting of assessment tasks.
- Ensure that assessment team members understand the task and the assessment criteria
- Scrutinise the standards of assessment within the team and provide feedback
- Select and moderate appropriate samples of work
- Assist as required with standardisation or manage the moderation process.
Feeding back after assessment
- Assist with assessment procedure reviews as required
- Assist in evaluating performance of the assessment as required
- Provide/check reports for teams or organisations
- Provide/check reports and give feedback to assessors and candidates as appropriate.
- Plan and undertake assessment activities, required procedures and deadlines
- Identify and plan for improvement in own performance
- Use appropriate evidence to meet development goals and enhance performance.
Managing and working with others
- Develop, manage and support an effective assessment team
- Encourage and help assessors to improve their performance
- Communicate effectively to set and fulfil agreed commitments.
How to apply
Your Full Member application must include:
- The completed application form
- The completed Full Member proforma
- A CV including a description of your current or latest job
- Certified copies of qualifications or evidence of RPL*
- or evidence of having qualified as a CEA and exercising that role in an educational establishment
*Certified copies must be “true copies of the original” which are signed and dated by a senior member of your employment company or a professional person