Resources and lectures
A series of short videos created in a collaboration between Frog Education and NAHT and featuring CIEA Chair Simon Sharp, Deputy Chair Mick Walker and previous CEO of CIEA Graham Herbert are available to view online.
The videos include the following topics:
- Designing the curriculum
- Establishing KPIs
- Exemplifying performance standards
- Setting performance standards
- Internal moderation
- External moderation
- Using assessment outcomes
The videos have been approved for CIEA use by Frog.
CIEA webinars and lectures
The following CIEA webinars are available to view on youtube.
- Webinar: Building trust in teachers’ assessment: what can we learn from the August 2020 scenario?
- Webinar: Covid-19 and the award of qualifications in summer 2020
See the Watch now list below to view the following CIEA lectures:
- Public examinations as an instrument of social policy - Isabel Nisbet
- New 1-9 GCSEs - has everything changed on the surface yet has nothing really changed? - Tim Oates
- Fair assessment in an unfair world - Isabel Nisbet
- Authentic learning, assessment and progress; describing the journey from the EYFS onwards - Jan Dubiel
- Assessment for learning without limits’ - Professor Dame Alison Peacock
- Ensuring a progressive curriculum - Michael Walker
- The whole pupil view: the power of data triangulation - Alastair Durno
- Chinese lessons - what can we really learn from the PISA results?'- Isabel Nisbet
You can watch our CIEA lecture series videos by selecting from the following.