Webinars and Resources
Recordings of the following CIEA webinars are available:
July 2022: Formative Assessment
Dec 2021: Re-imagining Education in England
June 2021: The future of National Curriculum Assessment
Other webinars & podcasts:
- Chartered College of Teaching webinar: Rethinking Assessment. A discussion chaired by Dame Alison Peacock (Chief Executive, Chartered College of Teaching).
- The E -Assessment Association Member Podcast: “What is the ultimate purpose of an exam?”. Hosted by eAA member and senior examiner and exam question writer, Paula Goddard, with guests Graham Hudson, eAA Secretary; Alison McCree, Director of the Chartered Institute of Educational Assessors; and Ian Grove-Stephensen, CEO of Yacapaca Formative Assessment and Free Text Marking.
A series of short videos created in a collaboration between Frog Education and NAHT and featuring CIEA Chair Simon Sharp, Deputy Chair Mick Walker and previous CEO of CIEA Graham Herbert are available to view online.
The videos include the following topics:
- Designing the curriculum
- Establishing KPIs
- Exemplifying performance standards
- Setting performance standards
- Internal moderation
- External moderation
- Using assessment outcomes
The videos have been approved for CIEA use by Frog.
See the Watch now list below to view the following CIEA lectures:
- Public examinations as an instrument of social policy - Isabel Nisbet
- New 1-9 GCSEs - has everything changed on the surface yet has nothing really changed? - Tim Oates
- Fair assessment in an unfair world - Isabel Nisbet
- Authentic learning, assessment and progress; describing the journey from the EYFS onwards - Jan Dubiel
- Assessment for learning without limits’ - Professor Dame Alison Peacock
- Ensuring a progressive curriculum - Michael Walker
- The whole pupil view: the power of data triangulation - Alastair Durno
- Chinese lessons - what can we really learn from the PISA results?'- Isabel Nisbet
You can watch our CIEA lecture series videos by selecting from the following.