Membership of the Chartered Institute of Educational Assessors offers many benefits. As professionals in their field, our members hold a unique and crucial place in the nation’s education and training system, which is reflected in the services we deliver. In addition, membership supports a variety of professional standards and bodies.
As well as being part of the largest independent community of examiners, markers, assessors and verifiers in the UK, membership gives you access to:
- The Professional Framework, providing the basis for structured professional development in assessment, offering a route for professional progression and recognition from acceptance as an Associate Member to Full Member or Fellow of the CIEA
- High quality training by experts to support accreditation of individuals and institutions (fees apply, please see the Training pages for further information).
- Post-nominals recognising level of accreditation
- Additional opportunity for accreditation as a Chartered Educational Assessor
- Access to the Member Area on our website
- Membership of a community of practice
- Access to the EBSCO database, with free text searches of up-to-date research on assessment
- Our monthly e-newsletter
- A weekly digest of how and where assessment, qualifications and the curriculum has featured in the news and media
- A vacancy service on our website, providing details of current opportunities in assessment
- Participation in a professional community of practice, which will evolve further as our website develops its interactive forums.
Join the CIEA today.