About the CIEA
Promoting excellence in assessment
The CIEA was set up to improve standards in educational assessment.
We are a professional membership organisation. Our members include teachers, examiners, school and college leaders, academics, awarding organisations and people responsible for professional development in diverse sectors including finance, health and land management.
Setting and carrying out assessments requires skill, expertise and experience. The CIEA supports assessors by:
- Maintaining a national Continuous Professional Development Framework. Download the CIEA Professional Framework diagram.
- Accrediting individuals against the framework, with a clear progression route through the CIEA grades - Associate, Member and Fellow - for those who meet the professional standards
- Setting standards of conduct through a binding Code of Practice
- Training and accrediting the most experienced assessors as Chartered Educational Assessors
- Providing specialist, high quality training for individuals and organisations
- Supporting its members with advice, information and services