Associate (ACIEA) membership
Associate Membership is a voting grade membership open to anyone who has a relevant qualification at QCF/NQF level 6 or above or equivalent and a minimum of one year’s assessment experience or has obtained the CIEA Certificate in Educational Assessment and who can fulfil the eligibility criteria described below.
It is also open to anyone with RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning where experience is used in recognition of a lack of the academic qualification listed above) who can demonstrate that they can meet the minimum of one year’s assessment experience covering all the eligibility criteria described below through knowledge, understanding or skills they already possess.
An Associate Member will:
- Have the appropriate qualification (e.g. Degree, PGCE Certificate, Vocational qualification at level 6) or appropriate RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning where experience is used in recognition of a lack of the academic qualification listed above)
- Have obtained the CIEA Certificate in Educational Assessment or have a minimum of one year’s assessment experience undertaking the majority of the following activities:
Preparing for assessment
- Understand the principles of assessment
- Know what, when and how to assess
- Set appropriate assessment tasks
- Understand assessment criteria
- Understand assessment task and criteria
- Assess a quota of learners’ work in accordance with the assessment criteria and procedures
Standardise own assessments
- Select and moderate appropriate samples of work
Feeding back after assessment
- Provide/check reports for candidates and organisations
- Provide a range of quality feedback to facilitate student learning.
- Plan and undertake assessment activities to required procedures and deadlines
- Identify and plan for improvement in own performance
- Use appropriate resources to meet development goals and enhance performance.
Managing and working with others
- Cooperate with other team members to achieve the goals of the assessment team
- Encourage and support others to develop their competence as opportunities arise
- Communicate effectively to ensure agreed commitments are fulfilled
- Embrace and effect change.
How to apply
Fill in the online inquiry form in order to receive an application pack.
Your Associate Member application must include:
- The completed application form
- The completed Associate proforma
- A CV
- Certified* copies of qualifications or evidence of RPL