Associate (ACIEA) membership
Associate Membership is a voting grade of membership open to anyone who has relevant qualifications or training in educational assessment and has a minimum of one year's assessment experience or has obtained the CIEA Certificate in Educational Assessment and who can fulfil the eligibility criteria described below.
Examples of relevant qualifications include BA/BSc/BEd /CertEd/MA/MSc/Postgraduate Certificate in Education/Postgraduate Certificate in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education/PhD or Assessor Qualifications .
Continuing professional development may include in-house or externally delivered training courses or events that relate to educational assessment.
An Associate Member will:
- have relevant qualifications or be able to provide evidence of completing training or continuing professional development in educational assessment
- have obtained the CIEA Certificate in Educational Assessment or have a minimum of one year’s assessment experience undertaking the majority of the following activities:
Preparing for assessment
- Understand the principles of assessment
- Know what, when and how to assess
- Set appropriate assessment tasks
- Understand assessment criteria
- Understand assessment task and criteria
- Assess a quota of learners’ work in accordance with the assessment criteria and procedures
Standardise own assessments
- Select and moderate appropriate samples of work
Feeding back after assessment
- Provide/check reports for candidates and organisations
- Provide a range of quality feedback to facilitate student learning.
- Plan and undertake assessment activities to required procedures and deadlines
- Identify and plan for improvement in own performance
- Use appropriate resources to meet development goals and enhance performance.
Managing and working with others
- Cooperate with other team members to achieve the goals of the assessment team
- Encourage and support others to develop their competence as opportunities arise
- Communicate effectively to ensure agreed commitments are fulfilled
- Embrace and effect change.
How to apply
Fill in the online inquiry form in order to receive an application pack.
Your Associate Member application must include:
- The completed application form
- The completed Associate proforma
- A CV
- Certified* copies of qualifications or evidence of RPL