FAQs about the CEA programme
Frequently asked questions
What are the benefits of Chartered Educational Assessor status?
- Becoming a CEA will be beneficial for both you and your organisation.
- Find out more about the benefits of becoming a Chartered Educational Assessor.
Who accredits the CIEA qualifications?
- Chartered Educational Assessor (CEA) status is accredited by the CIEA which is incorporated by the Royal Charter granted by the Privy Council which provides the authority to make awards.
Do I have to complete all three stages of the Chartered Educational Assessor programme to qualify?
- Yes, all three stages must be completed to achieve CEA status. However, in certain circumstances applicants may feel they have sufficient knowledge, understanding and experience in assessment to warrant an exemption from the Certificate in Educational Assessment (Stage One of the Chartered Educational Assessor Programme). If you would like to apply for an exemption please provide evidence of your experience and complete the short task in the proforma below and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Download the Certificate in Educational Assessment exemption proforma.
Can I apply for an exemption from the Diploma in Educational Assessment?
- No, all CEA programme participants are required to complete the Diploma in Educational Assessment.
Do I need to use the same email address to make my initial registration for the course and to join the sessions on MS teams.
- It is good for consistency but please do be aware that other course participants and the course leaders are able to see your email address in the MS Teams site.
Who should I contact if I have a problem accessing the course on MS Team site?
- Please email email@example.com.
Certificate and Diploma courses
Are there any live sessions in the Certificate course?
- The Certificate course is an asynchronous course with no live sessions and therefore you can work through the content at your own pace. Typically, the course will take four weeks to complete.
What is the duration of the Diploma course?
- The face-to-face version of the course takes place over two days.
- The virtual Diploma takes place over three days with a mix of asynchronous and live sessions. You will be required to attend the live sessions each afternoon.
When are the live sessions for the virtual delivery Diploma course?
- The Diploma live session will take place each day between 13:00 - 16:00 UK time.
When will I have access to the course materials for the Diploma course?
- You will have access to the course materials at 17:00 on the day before each day’s session.