Postgraduate law courses
Our Postgraduate programmes are designed to be flexible, practical and to ensure that you are able to meet your career aims. There are a number of potential routes into postgraduate study at the University of Hertfordshire:
- LLM Business Law
- LLM Energy Law and the Environment
- LLM Governance, Risk Management and Compliance
- LLM International Finance Law
- LLM International Human Rights Law
- LLM International Law
- LLM Intellectual Property and Data Protection Law
- LLM International Commercial Law
- LLM International Development Law
- LLM IT Law and Policy
- LLM Legal Practice
- LLM Master of Laws
- Research degrees in Law
If you have a curious mind and have questions about the world around you, then you could pursue a PhD.
As a part of our close-knit collaborative and supportive research community, you will pursue original research at the Hertfordshire Law School.
Training in research methods, supervision meetings to develop your main argument, assessment panels at key stages of the PhD and a good supportive environment should make your experience of learning to be a successful researcher an enjoyable and fruitful one.
A PhD is a path to in depth knowledge and unique expertise in your chosen field. With our wide-ranging research interests we can accommodate a variety of research topics and are always happy to discuss ideas before you make a formal proposal.
We encourage applications for research in the areas such as:
- legal theory
- public law
- Constitutional law
- law and development
- socio-legal studies
- internet and e-commerce law
- biotechnological law
- human rights
- international law
- environmental law
- intellectual property law
- company law
- law and bioethics
- criminal justice
- access to justice
- alternative dispute resolution
- international economic law
- and other related areas of law including legal history and media law.