Language development through science in EYFS
This programme recognises the importance of increasing children’s vocabulary by providing a rich language environment and high-quality interactions. Science in early years is taught through the area of learning ‘Understanding the World’. It is a rich source of stimulus for language development, drawing on children’s curiosity about the world around them.
Participants will explore the learning opportunities created by practitioner interactions with young children which extend vocabulary and improve language development through curiosity and investigation in science.
Nb. Class boxes of kit are available for loan to support project work in school.
This professional development will help teachers and EYFS practitioners to:
- explore the everyday opportunities in EYFS that provide scientific learning opportunities;
- extend knowledge around key questioning skills that will enhance children’s language and extend vocabulary;
- gain confidence in identifying, planning and delivering science activities in EYFS, both adult-led and by using teachable moments during child-initiated learning time;
- be part of an EYFS network providing support, advice and ideas.
How will you learn?
This programme will be delivered in one of the following formats:
- remote delivery
- a combination of face to face and remotely delivered sessions.
Who is it for?
EYFS teachers and practitioners.
Sessions will be delivered remotely on:
- 18 November 2021
- 2 December 2021
- 27 January 2022 (optional drop in)
- 10 March 2022
Timings for all sessions: 13:30 - 16:00
£200 per school - this entitles two teachers to participate.
For enquiries and booking please email us at email@example.com.