Eligibility criteria for Graduation Ceremonies at the University of Hertfordshire
Find out which Ceremony you can attend by using our checklist below.
To be eligible to register for a Ceremony you must meet all of the criteria below. You must have:
- an eligible Exam Board date
- one of the awards presented at the Ceremonies
- (if offered) accepted an interim award
- paid your academic debt
1. Do you have an eligible Exam Board date?
The date of your Exam Board determines which Graduation Ceremony you can attend. Use the table below to find your award level and where your Exam Board falls to determine the Ceremony you can attend.
|Exam Board date range||Eligible Ceremony Period|
|7 November 2019 to 31 July 2020||September 2020 (postponed)|
|1 August 2020 to 4 November 2020||December 2020|
|5 November 2020 to 31 July 2021||September 2021|
|1 August 2021 to 3 November 2021||December 2021|
Not sure when your Exam Board meets?
Check with your Ask Herts hub, if you are unsure when your Exam Board meets.
2. Is your award presented at the Ceremonies?
The following awards are presented at the Ceremonies.
- Diplomas (except University Diploma)
- Foundation Degree (FdSc Paramedic Science and FdSc Health Care Practice only)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education
- Professional Graduate Certificate in Education
Students must have been taught by a University of Hertfordshire (Hatfield-based) academic.
3. Taking an interim award?
If you have received notification regarding an interim award (i.e. not the final award on your programme of study) it is assumed that you will continue your studies. If, however, you do not wish to do this but instead receive the award noted by your Programme Board of Examiners, you must request this in writing. Doing so by a certain date may render you eligible to attend a Graduation Ceremony.
|Eligible Ceremony Period|
School must receive your written confirmation by
|September 2020 (postponed)||31 July 2020|
|4 November 2020|
4. Have you paid your academic debt?
You can only register to attend the Ceremony if you have paid your academic debt by the deadlines for the September Ceremonies and December Ceremonies.
Contact Student Finance to arrange payment.