COVID-19 commitment 2021/22

This commitment is applicable to students booking and renting on-campus accommodation where their licence agreement is with the University of Hertfordshire and not to those students who book with and whose licence agreements are with Uliving@Hertfordshire PLC. It is intended to assist you in the event of any further full lockdown which affects you during the period of your accommodation contract.

By “full lockdown”, we mean:

  1. an England-wide Government-imposed restriction on travel (that would prevent you from returning to campus);
  2. as part of emergency measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19; and
  3. which requires you not to attend face to face classes or be in your accommodation on campus for a prolonged period of time, or which presents you with a choice as to where you live, during the lockdown.

For the avoidance of doubt, if the Government-imposed conditions allow you to attend campus and/or occupy your accommodation, you will not be considered to be subject to the lockdown and will not be eligible for any of the discounts set out below. Further exemptions are also set out below.

Should the Government implement one or more full lockdowns England-wide, the University will offer you the following two options:

In the following circumstances, this commitment will be considered not to apply to students:

  1. Where universities are partly or entirely exempt from the provisions of the lockdown; or
  2. Where in-person teaching to students on a particular programme is permitted to continue and those students are therefore permitted to attend and live on campus; or
  3. Where a student continues to use and visit their room on campus during the lockdown; or
  4. Where a lockdown is in place, but it is considered safe for students to be on campus in any event all or part of the time (in light of vaccinations or the latest COVID-19 research);
  5. Where students choose not to occupy accommodation during a lockdown for reasons unrelated to the COVID-19 emergency situation; or
  6. Where a student is in arrears.
Student accommodation Apply for accommodation