Award Verification

The University of Hertfordshire offers award verification letters for awards achieved from June 1992 onwards. Please note requests for awards confirmed before 2012 will have a longer turnaround time, as they require consultation of hard-copy archives.

Third parties may not rely on statements made by non UH websites, which do not represent the views and opinion of the University (University of Hertfordshire websites will use the stem '').

Award Verification Letters

We can issue graduates with an award verification letter. An award verification letter is an official letter issued by the University which verifies: the qualification (including classification) you received; the start date; and the date it was awarded.

Please note, an Award Verification letter is not a reference. It verifies your award only.

An award verification letter is a physical hardcopy that will be posted to you.

If you would like to request an award verification letter, please email with your full name, date of birth, details of the award you obtained and your postal address.

Please note, if you are a current student we cannot issue you an award verification letter.

Award Verifications for Third Parties (such as employers, agencies and embassies)

Third party enquirers such as employers, agencies and embassies must verify attendance and awards from our university with Prospects Hedd. A Hedd verification confirms the candidate’s name, qualification type, course name, year of award, classification obtained and dates of attendance.

Please visit to register. There is a small charge for each enquiry and you must provide the written consent of the individual. To prevent delays, please enter the candidate’s details as they appear on their degree certificate.

Enquiries are checked and completed by the university’s registry team. The due date will be listed on your enquiry.

If you require further assistance, please email

Please find our University of Hertfordshire GDPR form here: GDPR FORM

Awards before 1992

If you received your award prior to 16 June 1992 it will have been issued by the Council for National Academic Awards (CNAA). If you require a replacement certificate or want to have confirmation of your award please contact the CNAA.