Register as a patient of the University of Hertfordshire Medical Centre

A nurseYou can register as soon as you know the address of your university lodgings.

Register as

You will still be able to visit the doctor at the University if you are unwell, but treatment in hospital may not be funded.

We can Register and provide a full range of General Practice services to University of Hertfordshire students who live within Hatfield.

We may register at our discretion other full-time students who live at a Hertfordshire or Luton address and attend the University Campus regularly, however the services provided will be restricted as below:

We are unable to provide Home Visits to patients living outside Hatfield, and there may be restrictions on urgent care/out of hours care. Additionally, some other community services may not be available to you, including community mental health services, midwife appointments or physiotherapy.

For more information about registering with a GP outside of your local area, please visit the NHS Website.

We would recommend the following groups do not register with us, but instead register with a GP local to where they live

  • Pregnant women
  • students with a significant mental illness, requiring community or secondary care support
  • students with a family (particularly children under the age of 16)
  • students who need to use community services (eg district nurses, health visitors).