Sliding Puzzle with Lee Farmer
Create your own sliding puzzle, using drawing or painting and collage techniques, with artist and UHArts technician Lee Farmer. This activity invites you to draw a picture – which could be your own portrait or that of someone who is with you.
If you want to draw a portrait check out Harriet Riddell’s activity.
Suitable for ages 5 to adult, younger makers may need adult assistance or supervision.
You will find instructions to get you started here.
Share your creations with UH Arts on all socials at @UniHertsArts and with Lee:
#CreateItShareIt & #UHArtsatHome
You will need:
- Cardboard (e.g. a box - big enough to cut a 30cm x 30cm square from the largest side)
- Scissors, or craft knife and cutting mat/board (this will need adult assistance)
- Glue stick or double-sided tape
- Coloured/ printed papers for collaging
- Blank paper for drawing
- Pencils, coloured pencils, coloured pens or paints
- Thick coloured pens or coloured tape
Step by Step:
Take it Further
- Create a puzzle on a different theme, e.g. make your image abstract, using random shapes or make it from a splash painting
- Use more squares, or make it much smaller or much bigger!
- Make a puzzle where the squares are double-sided (two puzzles for the price of one!)
Using #CreateItShareIt #UHArtsatHome
We’ll make sure to share whatever you send us!