COVID-19 - Community Statement of Responsibility
We are committed to supporting and promoting the health and wellbeing of our community. Staff and students have a shared responsibility to respect the decisions made by members of our community to protect themselves and each other. We have therefore created a Statement of Responsibility.
This statement has been created to bring to your attention the rules of social distancing, and to reassure all students of our commitment to keeping you safe, and to minimise the risk of infection as much as possible.
Your agreement with this statement will form part of the contract between you and the University, particularly relating to Accommodation. This statement should be read together with any special terms you may be provided with throughout your stay in accommodation.
You should read all documents and communications very carefully and if you do not understand them you, please seek advice from a student support officer, the Advice and Support Centre at the Students’ Union, law clinic,a citizen’s advice centre , or other legal adviser.
What we expect from you
You agree during the Period of Occupancy*: =
- To follow the latest Government guidance about social distancing and social isolation (if you display symptoms of COVID-19);
- To respect the safety of our staff and other people living in the Hall with you by making every reasonable effort to minimise the risk of the spread of COVID-19;
- To abide by the obligations or procedures relating to COVID-19 which are set out in the University’s COVID leaflet, which you will receive prior to moving in along with your Guide to Living on Campus
- To follow any special procedures relating to living in Halls which you are notified about, including instructions provided on posters.
- To follow any reasonable instructions given by a member of University staff relating to how to practice social distancing or self-isolation in the Hall.
What you can expect from us
The University/Service Provider agrees:
- To make sure that we are regularly assessing the risk of the spread of COVID-19 in all Halls.
- To frequently clean and/or disinfect parts of commons areas of Hall such as bannisters and door handles.
- To ensure that our staff and other people who live in halls abide by the latest social distancing advice.
*Period of Occupancy definition
The period of time in which you occupy your room on campus.