Fees and funding for online distance learning students
For course fees, please visit the relevant course page for information.
The prices quoted are in pounds sterling (GBP). Payment is also accepted at the current exchange rate in Euros or US dollars.
With distance learning degrees at the University of Hertfordshire we offer flexible payment options where you can either pay as you study, or pay the full amount in one go, depending on your situation.
There are three payment options:
- Full payment before registration (i.e. full fee per level/course)
- Payment per semester (i.e. full modular fee)
- Tuition fee instalments (see full details in the Fees and Finance Policy document below)
Fees and Finance Policy
The Fees and Finance Policy is an important document that outlines all our tuition fees and when they become payable. Below is the current version of this document:
- UH Online Fees and Finance Policy (Academic Year 2016/17)
- UH Online Fees and Finance Policy (Academic Year 2017/18)
- UH Online Fees and Finance Policy (Academic Year 2018/19)
- All tuition, project supervision (group led/individual) and assessment
- All online study content, delivered through StudyNet - our virtual learning environment
- Access to the necessary ebooks via the University's digital library, software and support materials you need
For extra costs relating to online study, please see System requirements.
How to pay
There is a wide range of payments options available.
Did you know that University of Hertfordshire Alumni may qualify for a 20% reduction in tuition fees? Check our scholarships page for eligibility. Complete and send this Alumni discount form when submitting your application.
Service user scholarship
If a company or employer is paying your tuition fees you will need to bring written proof with you to registration or email email@example.com. You will be liable for the fees if we do not receive a signed agreement form from your sponsor or if the sponsor fails to pay. Further information can be found at go.herts.ac.uk/sponsoredfees.
Financial support for UK and EU students
There is a range of financial support available for UK and EU students. The financial support available to you depends on various different factors such as whether you choose to study full-time or part-time, where you live and whether you want to study at undergraduate or postgraduate level.
If you need further advice on fees and funding, please contact our Student Funding and Financial Support Team on +44 (0)1707 284800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.