English Language & Communication careers
English Language and Communication graduates often go into careers in:
- speech and language therapy
- lexicography (working on dictionaries)
- teaching English as a foreign language (TEFL)
- other forms of teaching including:
- working with bilingual children
- special needs teaching
However, as an English Language and Communication graduate, you will have developed strong skills that will be extremely valuable in most career areas.
In particular, you'll be able to communicate effectively in spoken and written language.
This is useful in a wide range of roles, helping you to:
- formulate, present and criticise ideas
- work as part of a team
- organise text and manage workloads
- retrieve information and gather data
- analyse and evaluate data
- produce reports and presentations
- confidently use ICT
- effectively manage your time
Read an article from our Universe magazine.