Creative writing taster lecture
This taster lecture, looks at how we tell stories, examining the structure of movies from The Shawshank Redemption to E.T., Avengers Assemble, Moana and Black Panther, to name a few. Gain insight from a working professional screenwriter into the world of storytelling. What is a 'five act structure'? Why is it used in everything from 'The X-factor to Finding Nemo'? What is a 'journey of change'? And what might your own story be, as you choose your destination for your undergraduate degree?'
A bit about Simon Vinnicombe
Story telling taster lecture
Undergraduate Creative Writing degrees
- BA (Hons) Creative Writing
- BA (Hons) Media and Creative Writing
- BA (Hons) Journalism and Creative Writing
- BA (Hons) English Literature and Creative Writing
- BA (Hons) English Language and Creative Writing
- BA (Hons) Philosophy and Creative Writing
- BA (Hons) History and Creative Writing
Want to find out more?
Register your interest here if you would like to attend further talks and to find out more about our Creative Writing courses.