Supported Distance Learning (SDL)
Our Supported Distance Learning (SDL) degree combines the advantages of gaining an internationally recognised degree with the benefits of studying at a local centre.
On the SDL programme, the University works closely with carefully chosen local universities, colleges or training centres in a partnership.
Our approved partners and their contact details are provided in the table below:
|UK||North Herts College (NHC)||Monkswood way, Stevenage, Herts. SG11LA||01462 424242||01462 424239||Email North Herts College|
|Trinidad||CTS College of Business and Computer Science Ltd||20 Montrose Main Road, Chaguanas, Trinidad and Tobago, West Indies||+ 1 (868) 671-2551||+1 (868) 6713198||Email CTS College of Business and Computer Science Ltd|
|Pakistan||TMUC – The Millennium University College Islamabad||No. 68, H-11/4, Islamabad, 44000, Pakistan||+92 (0)51 4866183-87||+92 (0)51 2375207-8||Email TMUC - The Millennium University College|
|Pakistan||TMUC – The Millennium University College Rawalpindi|
132-134, Bahria Springs. Bahria Town, Phase 7, Rawalpindi, 46000, Pakistan
|+92 (0)51 5400311-3||+92 (0)51 111-118-682||Email TMUC - The Millennium University College|
301/1, Sector F, DHA Phase 6, Lahore 54810, Pakistan
|+92 (0)42 35451276-78||+92 (0)42 111-118-682||Email TMUC - The Millennium University College|
No. 25 B, Block-4, Shahrah e Attar, Clifton Beach Karachi
|+92 (0)21 35373949-53||+92 (0)21 35373949-53|
Benefits of Supported Distance Learning
As a student in our partner institution you will:
- Gain a UK degree with local tuition and support but without overseas costs.
- Be able to fit in study with family and work, taking advantage of the flexible study pattern and hours, but with fixed assessment deadlines to facilitate completion.
- Be part of a study community, both local and international, via the programme site on our Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)
- Be a full member of the University.
What will the University provide?
The University of Hertfordshire will support you through your study by offering:
- all the primary course online content and supporting materials such as electronic textbooks, online library access to journals and relevant software. Please note that the face to face tutorial support is provided locally at the partner institution.
- Information and support for all the assessment including the marking.
What will the Support Partner provide?
The Support Partner is expected to provide the following as a minimum requirement:
- supplementary tuition from staff approved by the University, for example seminars to relate the academic study to the local business environment
- tutorial support, typically in-class or via a dedicated, moderated discussion board
- study facilities, approved by the University, with readily-available computer resources and Internet access
The partner may also provide additional services at their discretion. Do contact the partner institution if you require further information regarding support and fees.
Award and Assessment
If you are successful, you will be awarded a degree from the University of Hertfordshire. In common with the standard online programme, assessment is through various forms of coursework or time-constrained assessments.
Application is made directly to the University, but usually with the help of the local partner college or centre. Contact your local SDL Partner to establish what they would be able to offer, and they will also help you apply.
You will need to meet the entry requirements defined for the standard online programme. Together with your application, you will need to send us:
- a copy of all your qualification transcripts
- Personal statement
- 2 written academic references
- evidence of competence in English if it is not your first language
You are advised to apply as early as possible, and no later than 4 weeks before the start of the course. The University will inform you if you have been offered a place either directly or through the partner.
The fees are determined by the local partner and are normally requested in local currency. Please check the arrangements with the partner institution.
Programmes and Award Titles
- BA Business Administration
- BA (Hons) Business Administration
Please note that for the BA (Hons) Business Administration degree, the University only offers the final year (Level 6) ie a top-up from a two-year (240 credit) diploma. Our partners may offer study programmes that provide the necessary qualification(s) to meet our entry requirements, but this is independent of the University.